The purpose of this statement is to define the City of Jacksons' policy with regards to the collection and use of personally identifiable information.
The City of Jackson collects two kinds of user information:
1) Our site may collect anonymous information that could include information that does not identify specific individuals and is automatically transmitted by your browser.
This information can consist of:
• The URL (Uniform Resource Locator or address) of the web page you previously visited
• The domain names and/or IP addresses which are numbers that are automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are connected to the Internet or World Wide Web
• The browser version you are using to access the site
This information is used to help improve our web site. None of the information can be linked to any individual.
2) Our website may collect Personally Identifiable Information (PII). Personally Identifiable Information (PII) is defined as any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual who is the subject of the information which could include:
• Email address
• Telephone number
• Credit/debit card information
The City will make every reasonable effort to protect your privacy. It restricts access to your personal identifiable information to those employees that will respond to your request. The City does not intentionally disclose any personal information about our users to any third parties inside or outside the City except as required by law. The City only collects personally identifiable information that is required to provide service. You can decline to provide us with any personal information on any site on the Internet at any time. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with the online services dependent upon the collection of that information.
Access to Personally Identifiable Information:
Access to personally identifiable information in public records at state and local levels of government in Breathitt County is controlled primarily by the Kentucky Public Records Act (Government Code Section 6250, et seq.). Information that is generally available under the Public Records Act may be posted for electronic access through the City's web site. While the Public Records Act sets the general policies for access to City records, other sections of Kentucky Revised Statutes as well as federal laws also deal with confidentiality issues.
E-mail addresses obtained through the web site will not be sold or given to other private companies for marketing purposes. The information collected is subject to the access and confidentiality provisions of the Public Records Act, other applicable sections of the Kentucky Revised Statutes as well as federal laws. E-mail or other information requests sent to the City web site may be maintained in order to respond to the request, forward that request to the appropriate agency within the City, communicate updates to the City page that may be of interest to citizens, or to provide the City web designer with valuable customer feedback to assist in improving the site. Individuals can cancel any communications regarding new service updates at any time.